Love in Islam has an all-encompassing, comprehensive and sublime meaning, rather than being restricted to one form only, which is between the two opposite genders of man and woman.
Islamic Love Quotes – Muslims are taught to love and show affection to one another at all times, regardless of race, language, religion, skin colour, gender or anything for that matter. By the words of Allah SWT, in the Holy Quran, that love is paramount to our existence on earth and we should treat everyone with compassion and mercy.
The Concept of True Love in Islam
In a hadith (narration) in which Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:
لَا تَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ حَتَّى تُؤْمِنُوا وَلَا تُؤْمِنُوا حَتَّى تَحَابُّوا أَوَلَا أَدُلُّكُمْ عَلَى شَيْءٍ إِذَا فَعَلْتُمُوهُ تَحَابَبْتُمْ أَفْشُوا السَّلَامَ بَيْنَكُمْ
You will not enter Paradise until you believe and you will not believe until you love each other. Shall I show you something that, if you did, you would love each other? Spread peace between yourselves.
Source: Sahih Muslim 54, Grade: Sahih
In another hadith with Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:
إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَقُولُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ أَيْنَ الْمُتَحَابُّونَ بِجَلَالِي الْيَوْمَ أُظِلُّهُمْ فِي ظِلِّي يَوْمَ لَا ظِلَّ إِلَّا ظِلِّي
Verily, Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection: Where are those who love each other for the sake of My glory? Today, I will shelter them in My shade, a Day when there is no shade but Mine.
Source: Sahih Muslim 2566, Grade: Sahih
And another – Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:
وَأَحِبَّ لِلنَّاسِ مَا تُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِكَ تَكُنْ مُؤْمِنًا وَأَحْسِنْ جِوَارَ مَنْ جَاوَرَكَ تَكُنْ مُسْلِمًا
Love for the people what you love for yourself and you will be a believer. Behave well with your neighbors and you will be a Muslim.
Source: Sunan Ibn Majah 4217, Source: Sahih
There are different levels of love in how we can see it:
- Firstly, there is the love for Allah SWT
- Next, is the love of the Messenger of Allah
- Thirdly, the Companions, may Allah be pleased with them
- And the love of good and righteous people
With that, I have compiled a list of Islamic quotes on love which I hope you will find it as a useful and a helpful reference list.
Articles That You May Like:
- 150+ Inspirational Islamic Quotes About Life With Beautiful Images
- 100+ Empowering Islamic Quotes Women, Modesty and Hijab (With Pictures)
- 100+ Beautiful Islamic Quotes from The Holy Quran in English (With Pictures)
- 230 Beautiful Rumi Quotes on Love, Life & Friendship (Best of Sufi Poetry)
- 120+ Allah Quotes and Sayings
Islamic Quotes On Love
1. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi
2. “The man dreams of a perfect woman and the woman dreams of a perfect man and they don’t know that Allah created them to perfect one another.” Ahmad AlShugairi
3. “Among His signs is that He created for you mates from among yourselves, in order to have tranquility with them and He put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are signs for those who reflect.” Quran Ar-Rum [30:21]
4. “The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” ― Rumi
5. “When talking about marriage, Allah says your spouses are garments for you. A garment may or may not fit perfectly – but either way, it covers imperfections, protects and beautifies.” Yasmin Mogahed
6. “When I am with you, we stay up all night. When you’re not here, I can’t go to sleep. Praise God for those two insomnias! And the difference between them.” ― Rumi
7. “All too often people concentrate on finding the right spouse, little realizing that half of any marriage is being the right spouse.” Yasir Qadhi
8. “Knock, And He’ll open the door. Vanish, And He’ll make you shine like the sun. Fall, And He’ll raise you to the heavens. Become nothing, And He’ll turn you into everything.” ― Rumi
9. “When someone proposes marriage to one of you whose religion and character pleases you, then you should marry him. If you do not do so, there will be tribulations in the earth and the proliferation of corruption.” Hadith
10. “May these vows and this marriage be blessed. May it be sweet milk, this marriage, like wine and halvah. May this marriage offer fruit and shade like the date palm. May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day a day in paradise. May this marriage be a sign of compassion, a seal of happiness here and hereafter. May this marriage have a fair face and a good name, an omen as welcome as the moon in a clear blue sky. I am out of words to describe how spirit mingles in this marriage.” Rumi
11. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” ― Rumi
12. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times always with the same person.” Waleed Basyouni
13. “Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” ― Rumi
14. “The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman.” Hadith
15. “Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.” ― Rumi
16. “None but a noble man treats women in an honourable manner, and none but an ignorant treats women disgracefully.” Hadith
17. “Forbidden love stories end at marriage, while true halal love stories begin at marriage and end with both entering paradise.” Abdulbary Yaha Bari
18. “Once you begin to see everything beautiful as only a reflection of God’s beauty, you will learn to in the right way.” Yasmin Mogahed
19. “This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.” ― Rumi
20. “We do not see for those who love one another anything like marriage.” Hadith
21. “A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home.” ― Rumi
22. “Two there are who are never satisfied — the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.” ― Rumi
23. “May these vows and this marriage be blessed. May it be sweet milk, this marriage, like wine and halvah. May this marriage offer fruit and shade like the date palm. May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day a day in paradise. May this marriage be a sign of compassion, a seal of happiness here and hereafter. May this marriage have a fair face and a good name, an omen as welcome as the moon in a clear blue sky. I am out of words to describe how spirit mingles in this marriage.” Rumi
24. “That which God said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, He said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.” ― Rumi
25. “And still, after all this time, the Sun has never said to the Earth, “You owe me.” Look what happens with love like that. It lights up the sky.” ― Hafez
26. “Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.” ― Rumi
27. “The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with your wife, but when you can’t live in peace with out her.” Yasir Qadhi
28. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” ― Rumi
29. “The beauty of You delights me. The sight of You amazes me. For the Pearl does this… and the Ocean does that.” ― Hafez
30. “On a day when the wind is perfect the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty. Today is such a day.” ― Rumi
31. “The most perfect believer in faith is the one whose character is finest and who is kindest to his wife.” Hadith
32. “A good husband wipes her tears, but a great husband listens to the story of whys she’s crying.” Unknown
33. “I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.” ― Rumi
Islamic Love Quotes With Pictures
34. No Valentine, I’m Muslim.
And We created you in pairs | The Noble Quran 78:8
The Quranic dua for finding a good partner, increasing the love between husband and wife, and having righteous children: “Our Lord! Grant unto us spouse and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous.” | Surah Al-Furqan 25:74
No love between two souls is greater than what is between the spouses | Tafsir Ibn Kathir 3:525
Mr. Right won’t distract you from your Lord. If he distances you from Allah, he’s Mr. Wrong | Abdul Bary Yahya
A righteous wife can make a poor man feel like a king.
Anything you spend on your family will be a source of reward from the God, even a morsel of food which you raise to your wife’s mouth | Prophet Muhammad SAW
The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with your wife, but when you can’t live in peace without her | Yasir Qadhi
Marry a man who fears Allah so he will treat you right because of his fear of Allah.
Short cut to a Blessed Marriage: Both husband and wife should love Allah SWT and His Prophet SAW more than they love each other!
I don’t need a ring. I need his deen. I’d prefer him taking me to Jannah and making me his queen.
Among the Muslims the most perfect, as regards his faith, is the one whose character is excellent, and the best among you are those who treat their wives well. | Prophet Muhammad SAW
Ya Allah. If I am to fall in love, let me touch the heart of someone whose heart is attached to You.
If you want guaranteed success in your marriage, make every effort to please Allah.
Real love starts after nikah.
True love doesn’t end at death. If Allah wills it, it’ll continue in Jannah.
Happily ever after is when the both of you step into Paradise together. That’s the true love you should work for.
Forbidden love stories end at marriage, while true halal love stories begin at marriage and end with both entering paradise together.
The Prophet SAW said, “Any woman who dies while her husband is pleased with her, she will enter Jannah” | Tirmidhi
A husband said to his wife, “50,000 years before the sku was introduced to the sea, Allah Azza Wajjal wrote down your name next to me..”
It’s forever, You and Me, insya’Allah.
It’s easy to fall in love.. Anyone can. Only the strong will keep it Halal.
If your spouse is angry, you should be calm. When one is fire, the other should be water | Umar Ibn Khattab RA
Marry someone who is deeply interested in the deen because that is who your children will follow
Love your spouse with everything you’ve got.
A woman dreams of a perfect husband. A man dreams of a perfect wife. But they don’t realize that Allah created them to complete one another.
A woman is a flower vase of beauty and fragrance. So smell her gently, do not wrestle with her. Do not put on her responsibilities she cannot bear of | Ali Ibn Abi Talib
A real man will offer you Marriage. A loser will offer you Zina.
If you don’t intend to marry her: Keep your hands off another man’s future wife. If you do intend to marry her; keep your hands off until she is your wife.
A man should be like a child with her wife, happy and easy going, but when he sits with men, he should act as they do | Umar Ibn Al-Khattab RA
And give to the women (whom you marry) their Mahr (obligatory bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage) with a good heart | Quran 4:4
He’s praying for her. She’s praying for him. Little do they know, Allah sealed their fate with each other before they were even born.
When a man marries he has fulfilled half of the religion, so let him Allah regarding the remaining half | Prophet Muhammad SAW
When married couple pray together, they share an intimacy that cannot be created by any other means. That feeling is amazing.
A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.
Don’t stay in a haram relationship with the intention of making it halal someday. Who promised you tomorrow?
It is Allah’s mercy upon manking that He created spouses for human beings from themselves.
Marry someone you believe can help you get to Jannah, no matter what race or tribe they are
A pious wife can make a poor man feel like the richest man in the world.
The best marriage is the easiest and simplest one | Hadith Abu Dawud
One of the beautiful ways we worship Allah is through marriage | Dr Bilal Philips
Don’t choose the one who is beautiful in the world. But, rather, choose the one who makes your world beautiful.
Young people are encouraged to marry young
It is very hurtful to keep asking a couple when they are going to have children whilst they yearn for that but have not been bestowed.
The Messenger of Allah SAW said: There is nothing like marriage, for two who love one another | Hasan
The Holy Prophet PBUH: Allah’s mercies decends upon those women who perform their tahajjuh salaat and awaken their husbands also to do the same.
Ya Allah, grant me someone who will hold my hand to Jannah.
The most amazing relationship is one in which husband and wife are both lovers and best friends.
If someone comes to you whose religion and character pleases you, then marry him | Sunan al-Tirmidhi 1084
Give me your hand. And let’s get up and take the road to Allah, this world is not fitting for us.
Marriage is the proper way to establishing correct & permissible relationships between me & women | Dr Bilal Philips
When a man says “I accept” at a marriage ceremony, he is saying I accept the responsibility of providing for my wife, loving her & protecting her.
A husband said this to his wife:
If Jannah was a flower, I would pick it for you.
If Jannah was a bird, I would catch it for you.
If Jannah was a house, I would build it for you.
But since Jannah is a place no eye has ever seen, I make dua to Allah to reserve it for you.
I pray we’re together in Jannah.
You complete half of my Deen.
Do you want a man dancing behind you in the club? Or a man in front of you leading the prayer?
A righteous husband/wife to help you with your worldly and religious affairs is the best treasure anyone could have.
Allah loves you more than you can ever love Him.
Treat your woman with respect, because 1 day someone will do the same to your daughter.
The most blessed nikkah (marriage) is the one with the least expenses.
Among the Muslims the most perfect, as regards his faith, is the one whose character is excellent, and the best among you are those who treat their wives well | Prophet Muhammad SAW
Be your spouse’s biggest encourager, not their biggest critic. Be the who wipes away their tears, not the one who causes them.
It is the duty of the Muslim husband to be religiously educated and to see that his wife also receive a religious education | Dr Bilal Philips
Marry a Practicisng Muslim.
A man should be like a child with his wife, but if she needs him, he should act like a man | Umar Ibn Al-Khattba RA
Holy Prophet PBUH said, “Allah is pleased when a husband plays with his wife, due to this he fixes thawaab (good reward) for them or he establishes halal rizq (lawful sustenance) for them | Al-Ifsah Ibn Hajr Haithami
The Holy Prophet PBUH said, “The more civil and kind a Muslim is to his wife, the more perfect in faith he is.”
A real man ever hurts a woman. Be very careful when you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man’s rib, NOT from his feet to be walked on, and NOT from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved.
Marrying someone who loves Allah will show you more about your future than anything else you’ll hear or see.
The couple who pray together, stay together.
When love is for the sake of Allah, it doesn’t die.
I want love that will say: “Not even death will do us part, because we’ll be reunited in Jannah Insya’Allah.
Love is shown in your deeds, not in your words.
Don’t expect your spouse to be perfect. He/She is only the dunya version of themselves. Their ‘perfect’ version is saved for Jannah.
Prophet PBUH said: When a husband and wife look at each other with love, Allah look at them with mercy | Sahih Bukhari 6:19 Tirmidhi
A handsome guy and a pretty girl will make a beautiful wedding; but a faithful man and a pious woman will make a beautiful marriage.
Our love is the best love because you make my imaan rise. You help me in the dunya and for that reason I want to meet you again in Jannah!
Don’t build your marriage on your feelings that constantly change. Build your marriage on your faith in Allah.
If you love someone and they love Allah before you, they are worth loving.
Don’t feel shy about present your weaknesses to Allah, because He will help you switch them into strengths.
Seek a God-fearing spouse, for if they fear God, they will never hurt you.
The closer you get to Allah, the closer you are to each other.
The beauty of marriage in Islam is that you are together not only in this temporary world but holding hand in the enternal home. Jannah.
Your wives are your partners. Not your servants | Prophet Muhammad SAW
Always pray that Allah SWT make your spouse a blessing, not a trial.
When love is for the sake of Allah, it doesn’t die.
Falling in love isn’t haram, is what you do with that love that makes it haram or halal | Sheikh Yasir Qadhi
Be foolishly in love, because love is all there is | Rumi
Our love is the best love because you make me Emmaan (Iman) rise, you help me here and for that reasons I want to meet you again in Jannah.
If you are looking for a spouse, look for the one who will take you to Jannh, and if you are in doubt, ask Allah SWT. Perform Solat Istikharah.
Real love starts after nikah.
Good women are for good men | Surah An-Nuur Verse 26
Marriage is a link between a man and a woman, under the promise and mutual agreement to live together as a wife and husband according to the teachings of their belief as religion.
A woman’s heart should be so close to Allah SWT that a man has to seek him just to find her.
No racism in Islam.
Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.
The Messenger of Allah SAW has given great emphasis on taking into consideration a good family background when we intend to marry.
Love her, when she “pushes” you to pray. She wants to be with you in Jannah (Paradise).
Love her, when she cries for absolutely nothing. Don’t ask, tell her it’s going to be okay.
Love her, when she developed a bad habit. You have many more and with wisdom and politeness you have all the time to help her change.
Love her, when she argues. She only wants to make things right for both.
The Messenger of Allah PBUH advised concerning the woman:
– Treat the woman well
– The best of you are those who are the best in the treatment of their woman
I want a husband that reads Quran to me that would make me admire him more.
The love between husband and wife is so pure, that if one falls ill the other is the cure.
In Islam, compatibility in marriage is connected to religious commitment & righteousness. Not money, status or lineage.
The female doesn’t want a rich man, a handsome man, or even a poet. She wants a man who understands her eyes if she gets sad and points to his chest and says “here is your home”
A man can be from East and his wife from West yet you will find love between them, this is a sign from signs of Allah | Imam Muqbil bin Haadee Al-Waadi’ee Rahimahullah
Imagine a boy praying to Allah that he gets marry to you
Let them marry who they want | Mufti Ismail Menk
If he has deen he’ll make you feel like a queen.
Marry the person you know can uplift you morally and who will always remind you that Allah is sufficient for you in times of trials.
Marry someone who will make you fall in love with Allah every single day.
The reason why many marriages these days ends up in divorce is because initially what they seek for in a spouse in beauty. They blindly fall into that infnoring Akhlaq and Deen eventually ending up with nothing. Seek for the one who has the fear of Allah in the their hearts. Wallahi! You will find them the most beautiful, be it with their Hijab, Niqab or beard.
Allah’s Messenger SAW as saying: The whole world is a provision. The best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman.
Take me with you to Jannah.
Allah has a beautiful plan for every woman and man. Trust Allah and pray, he will light the way.
I never thought Halal love could be so beautiful until I married you.
50 thousand years before, Allah has written my name next to you.