As Muslims, we should start off with the verse ‘Inna Lillaahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji’oun‘ from Surah Baraqah Chapter 2 Verse 156, which translate to “We surely belong to Allah and to Him we shall return.” We can then, add on a condolence message to tag along with it:
1. May Allah s.w.t. grant you and your family sabr (sabar) in this difficult time, and reward you with Khair both in this world and the next. Ameen.
2. May Allah s.w.t. grant him/her Jannatul-Firdaus and forgive his/her sins. May He make his/her grave a place of comfort and light. Ameen.
3. May Allah s.w.t. enhance your recompense and be generous in your calamity and forgive the deceased and induce you with patience and multiply for us and for you recompense through patience.
4. It is Allah’s that takes and it is He that gives, and He prescribes a certain destiny for every matter.
5. May Almighty Allah dwell him in Jannataul-Firdaus, the most beautiful paradise.
6. May Allah s.w.t. in his mercy, grant him rest, may his grave be a part of Jannatul Firdaus and an abode of light. May Allah make him pass successfully in all the stages of the life after death. Ameen.